Updated: Mar 16, 2021
I know there is a lot of common misconceptions about intuitives - and that's totally okay! It's a new concept for a lot of people. I've found myself talking about this a lot lately, and then had the idea that it may be better served as a blog post! If my fellow intuits/psychics/mediums have anything to add - please comment below!
- I cannot read your mind - I promise!! It may seem that way in a session sometimes, or if you're a very close friend of mine, but what I'm actually doing is reading your energy. Especially if it's something you've been spending a lot of time thinking about, or focusing on, those energy cords will be the biggest and most obvious for me to sense.
- I definitely don't go around reading people all day long. It would be exhausting, plus, if I don't have your consent I will not read you! It is one of my code of ethics that I promised myself when beginning this business. I respect your right to privacy, and I will only read for you if you ask me to. I have done readings before where I was given permission (they booked and paid for a session) but I was feeling extreme resistance and blockage as I attempted to connect. I realized that person was worried that I would go "snoop around" in their life and not just focus on the question at hand (another myth - but I'll get to that one next). During my connection, I asked her guides to remind her that she is safe, and I will not discover anything she does not want me to. And then it was an INSTANT connection. Subconsciously, she just needed a little convincing.
- I won't look for more than what you're asking me to. If your question is straight to the point, I will only ask for answers on that. If something pops out at me though, I will address it as it means it was meant for you to hear in that moment. I will ALWAYS give what I get through the channel. If it is coming through, it is meant for you.
- Energy isn't always predictable. Sometimes I will be asked a question and the answer may be hard to hear. If you aren't prepared to hear ALL possible answers, then it's best to stay away from that question. I have been asked tough stuff and I always give what I'm receiving truthfully. The thing with energy though, is that it changes. Quickly and often. So I am usually given a snapshot of a circumstance, but it could change the second I leave your energy. If what I'm getting isn't super clear, I will always tell you that. Free will is always at play. If I channel something for you, and then it doesn't come to fruition, likely you made a decision that pulled you onto a different energetic path than the one I initially saw.
- For me personally, I most easily connect with Spirit Guides. I occasionally have had deceased loved ones come through in a reading - which was SO cool that I was able to provide some info for my clients. I've also had some really neat experiences with Spirit Babies (souls that have not been born yet, but have plans to be). Those have been some of my most memorable connections, because I could feel and see how their little personalities will likely show up as on Earth, and it is so beautiful to be able to give that insight to a mother, excited to meet their future baby!
- I don't call myself a psychic just because I don't resonate with the word. I find it to be too restrictive for me and what I want to do and how I want to help people. I love connecting to your guides and providing any insights, messages and clarity to your current or future situations. I am very good at helping you integrate your intuition (highest self), your playful side (inner child) and your present self. Each person is different, so I channel the information from your guides that will work best for you in your current stage of life and self discovery.
- I can't predict the future. Not really, anyways. I can read the energy of a situation and make a likely prediction - but just like our own energy changes - so does the energy of a community. Even more so, because there are SO many more moving parts at play. So much more free will than just in your own life. I'm also not able to see how or when I will die. And thank god for that - that's something I would never want to know so my guides would never give me that information.
That's all I can come up with for now, but I will add to this as I think of more - or if someone shares one with me!
If you're interested in booking a reading with me, I would be so honoured to assist you on this amazing journey! www.kaiceeredpath.com/book-online